Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are focused across four areas:
Comprehensive Financial Planning – we assess your point A (where you are now), help you determine your point B (where you want to go) and then build an investment portfolio that can get you there. We quarterback any necessary work with CPAs, estate attorneys, insurers and trust companies needed for your journey.
Investment Management – we build and manage portfolios for individuals and families that are aligned with their investment objectives and risk tolerance. We also serve as a manager to corporate retirement plans.
Insurance / Risk Management – we provide solutions to individuals, families and businesses with an emphasis on life, long-term care, disability and key-man insurance.
Institutions – we serve as investment manager and outsourced CIO for not-for-profits and foundations as well as consultative work for key elements of the business – internal controls, grant review, tax filings, and investment policies, etc.
We firmly believe that money should be used to construct a life of purpose and meaning. Part of our mission is to strive for more than just a good return on our clients’ investment portfolio. Rather, we work to guide our clients in designing a future that is exciting and inspiring, and then use that vision as a map for arranging and implementing financial strategies with intention and purpose.
No. We evaluate prospective clients individually based on where they are now, but also where they can be in the future. After that evaluation, a determination on fit can be made. That said, the vast majority of our client relationships have between $500,000 and $15 million of investable assets under our guidance, with exceptions on either side of that range.
TrustCore works to understand your needs and personality, then we match you with a planner based on your individual goals, preferences and fit.
TrustCore’s team of financial planners hold the industry’s most recognizable credentials, placing them among the most experienced and qualified financial professionals in the nation.
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner (CFP®)
- Certified Public Accountant / Personal Financial Specialist (CPA / PFS)
- Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA)
- Chartered Financial Consultant® (ChFC®)
- Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA)
- Registered Financial Consultant (RFC®)
Approximately 95% of our revenue is fee-based. The portion that isn’t is derived via our insurance agency and typically relates to commissions from insurance solutions that are implemented during the financial planning process.
Our fees typically start at 1.0% - 1.25% of assets under management, depending on the depth of service involved. Fees typically decrease as investments under management increase.
We hold to the following key investment tenets:
- We seek to be efficient allocators of capital by balancing risk and return in order to maximize earnings and minimize the impact of market volatility.
- Our opportunity set is global in nature with a slight preference to U.S.-based investments.
- We believe asset allocation is the key driver of portfolio performance.
- Our client portfolios are strategic in nature, meaning portfolios are designed with a long-term time horizon. We do not believe in timing the market, but we may tactically tilt the portfolio on the margins when opportunities/risk arise.
- Client portfolios are designed to achieve the goals set forth in a customized financial plan while staying within a defined risk tolerance.
- We employ a wide array of investment options including ETFs, mutual funds, stocks, bonds, equity options, interval funds, private placements and separately managed accounts to achieve desired outcomes on behalf of our clients.
- We seek to keep portfolio costs as low as possible; however, we allocate to some managers who charge higher fees only when we believe doing so will achieve better risk-adjusted returns at the portfolio level. For instance, alternative investments that have a higher management fee can still be a portfolio optimizer given their expected low correlation to traditional asset classes.
- We leverage technology providers to minimize a client’s tax burden by employing tax location strategies. We aim to maximize after-tax returns on behalf of our clients.
- Portfolios are measured against standard industry benchmarks of similar risk profiles.
You and your financial planner will establish a relationship and decide together how and when you would like to receive information and updates. We continuously monitor economic indicators, market performance and changes in tax and estate laws. We analyze and interpret these factors for you. We let you know what they mean for you – and recommend changes in your financial plan and investment strategy when needed.
In addition, all clients have access to a client portal via their desktop computer or mobile device so that they can stay in touch with how their investment portfolios are performing.
Our ADV form can be found on our website by visiting our legal page.
Yes. We can work with you to find the right solutions for life, health, disability or long-term care to help secure your family’s future. Our advisors compare a range of carriers to find the most comprehensive coverage at competitive rates for your specific need. In addition, our advisors can help you navigate the complexity of the Medicare insurance market through their own expertise and connections with industry consultants.
Yes. Our experienced financial planners will work with you to help you understand your Social Security benefit options and make informed decisions regarding the timing of your benefits, spousal benefits and other matters.
Alternative investments are investment vehicles outside of the traditional single security, mutual fund and ETF wrappers. Examples include hedge funds, private equity, real estate investment trusts, commodities, reinsurance contracts, peer to peer lending and more. TrustCore has in-depth expertise in the alternative-investment space and can help you understand the benefits and risks of each investment type based on your specific needs. Recommendations are based on a clear understanding of your goals, time horizons, tolerance for risk and other factors.
Have a Question We Didn’t Answer Here?
We have answers.